PDA

View Full Version : 7/16 & 17 @ WesMar

fdmurphy44
07-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Will be available to tow Saturday but will get a late start, likely around 13:30 or so. Sunday I will also be available to tow but the day will be broken up to get fill dirt for various areas on the runway and in front of the hanger. Towing and fill dirt work will be the plan so if you're available to fly and help, come on out. Expect to get the dirt action started around 15:00. Let me know if you are coming.

WMSB72673
07-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Is John going to have the Scooter tow out? I need to comeup and pay my dues. I was hoping to get some tows in.

Ken Willett
07-14-2011, 06:07 PM
Just to clarify, is that Sunday only for fill work?

Ken W.

freeeba
07-14-2011, 08:14 PM
Lookin to be there for both days and will bring a shovel and rake. primavera

fdmurphy44
07-14-2011, 08:28 PM
Yes, Sunday only for the fill dirt and it looks like that time will get bumped up to noon. I'll post the time when I know for sure.

Just to clarify, is that Sunday only for fill work?

Ken W.

rustinterry
07-14-2011, 10:01 PM
I plan on being there for half a day Saturday or Sunday. Not sure which yet.

dmslowpoke
07-15-2011, 09:53 AM
I will be there both days!

cwildman
07-15-2011, 10:01 AM
Hello all. Chad here. I am freshly moved (back) to Ohio and would like to come out this weekend to check out the operation. I am a HIII with mostly mountain time. I do have the AT rating but I would consider myself rusty. I have a new-to-me glider(Discus) that I have flown from the mountain (Ellenville, NY), but have never towed. I would be interested in some training/remedial work. Is there ever an oppurtunity to get some morning/evening pattern tows? I understand that there is some work being done this weekend. I am happy to participate and get my association with the club started off on the right foot. Any reply is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chad W.

fdmurphy44
07-15-2011, 11:26 AM
The dirt time is firm at around noon. Not sure how many loads will be dropped but expect around 4 of them. One or possibly more right in front of the CODFC hanger. A couple or more in the runway areas that are low. Marty has kindly offered his truck and services to pick up and deliver the dirt. A fellow worker who lives in Derby is providing the dirt as he has a lot of fill from digging a pond. The CODFC is providing fuel to Marty and my friend in Derby for their services. Any help would be appreciated and if you have a shovel and rake, bring it with you.
Towing will be available but the dirt will take precedence so we need to get it done fast!!

Thanks for the :help:

mjp103
07-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Got have some wifey time down at the lake, but with my eyes skyward. :cry:

John Alden
07-15-2011, 05:57 PM
I'll have the winch out both days.

Matt Dittman
07-15-2011, 08:34 PM
I can make it tomorrow, maybe Sunday

freeeba
07-15-2011, 10:43 PM
I'll bring a wheelboro also.

CHassan
07-16-2011, 07:47 AM
I WILL be able to make it today. Yay me!

Eric Proulx
07-16-2011, 08:58 AM
I would love to join all of you today but if I chose that route, Mel would be very desapointed. I think she would rather we celebrate our 2 year aniversary doing something else. I plan on being there Sunday, might try to fly the skeeter in the AM, I've figured out how to disassemble the mobile tail. With a little luck, I'll be able to fly in and out of Wood County Regional Airport next week in the evenings, the airport is located less than 1 mile from Bowling Green State University where we have began a 1300 bedroom install. That would be a little too sweet. They even have an extra large hangard I could leave my glider set-up in for a small fee I am sure. We'll see!

http://www.woodcountyairport.us/Arrival_Information.html

CHassan
07-16-2011, 10:14 PM
SO how was the flying you ask? Even if you didn't ask I'll tell you.

I arrived early, but not as early as Rick and JR. They flew in from Cary's in the Highlander. We talked, and Matt D showed up. Matt and Rick went for a spin in the highlander, then Rick and I went for a spin in the highlander. It had been a few years since I touched the stick, but it felt good and was fun.

Blahh,blahh, blahh, John had some tandems, Frank towed me up, I climbed a little then had a long glide back to earth. Stuck my landing, yeeehaw!

Towed up again and this time I played for nearly an hour. There was a gathering in Wes's hangar, so I pulled VG and came screaming down from over the back, while Willey was loading or unloading a passenger. I pulled up, let off the VG and stuck another one! YEEEHAW!

Blah, blah,blah, Dan said, "You want to fly it (the monarch) before I take this off?" Errr Uuumm, Eerrr, OK. After a quick briefing and a very repetitious warning of not getting slow, I was off. Adverse yaw caused me to swing left and right on Frank, but IO quickly got the hang of it and settled in behind him. I think I was a tad low most of the time, but I really have to say, not a bad tow for my first 3 axis tow.

The flight down was marred by little to no lift. I found a bubble, but I was to scared to get a tip up. Eventually I was ready to set up my approach. (Remember all repetitious warning sabout getting slow?) I came screaming in faster than I think I should have been. I didn't bleed off much (any?) airspeed before I touched the wheel down. Bounce, bounce, stick, whew, solid on the ground, but still scooting along pretty well. Along comes the little ridge running across the runway where the culvert is,BAM!! the nose is pointing 45 up. Lets just say after 3 more landings I finally stopped. #$*$# ^&# $^%@(@ #&*%$ ^%^%)_! (#$&*%!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to say everything was fine, but at some point during my 5-4-1 landing, I caused a few cracks in the fuse. Matt K says he can fix it and make it stronger so next time it won't break.

So again, Dan I'm sorry I broke your toy! I will gladly buy it off of you for the same price you paid for it.

Frank thanks for the tows. You found me lift on the first two, I think it would have been an a lot lot to ask for any on the last one.

Rick thanks for letting me play in the highlander. That sure is fun!

Thanks to everyone else for the company!

fdmurphy44
07-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Happy anniversary to you and Mel. Hope that you are able to get some air time near BGU but keep an eye out for the traffic.

I would love to join all of you today but if I chose that route, Mel would be very desapointed. I think she would rather we celebrate our 2 year aniversary doing something else. I plan on being there Sunday, might try to fly the skeeter in the AM, I've figured out how to disassemble the mobile tail. With a little luck, I'll be able to fly in and out of Wood County Regional Airport next week in the evenings, the airport is located less than 1 mile from Bowling Green State University where we have began a 1300 bedroom install. That would be a little too sweet. They even have an extra large hangard I could leave my glider set-up in for a small fee I am sure. We'll see!

http://www.woodcountyairport.us/Arrival_Information.html (http://www.ohioflyers.org/redirector.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.woodcountyairp ort.us%2FArrival_Information.html)