OhioFlyers.org

Go Back   OhioFlyers.org > General Discussion

Old 09-02-2010, 08:53 PM
Club Member

Default Looking at Primavera's post

First off, I miss you man!
Second, Mike thought it may be most helpful to talk Friday evening and sat morning, and then go flying. Then there is a chance to apply what was discussed. Then repeat the next day (talk and fly).
Felipe

Old 09-03-2010, 06:25 AM
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
Second, Mike thought it may be most helpful to talk Friday evening and sat morning, and then go flying. Then there is a chance to apply what was discussed. Then repeat the next day (talk and fly).
Felipe
Sounds great. We are a one week away from the event and counting. Where, what time, whose towing?
Lesa and I would be more than happy to have it here at the farm if Rick want to bring the trike up. We could have the talks in the garage in the evenings and mornings along with food and beverages. Need to know soon in order to get the runways mowed. Or we could do WesMar or Carry's just don't know where. Ideas?

Old 09-03-2010, 08:21 AM
Club Member - Tug Pilot

Wesmar is probably the most centrally located for everyone. If Frank isn't available I could do the towing

Old 09-03-2010, 08:28 AM
Club Member

Keeping an eye on things and could be available. Stay tuned.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
Wesmar is probably the most centrally located for everyone. If Frank isn't available I could do the towing
Ok, that's one question answered. How about where, some kind of shelter that might have lights and protection from the elements and what is the time frame, when will it start so I can plan my 2 hr drive to get there. You know how it is, the inquiring minds thing

Old 09-04-2010, 08:57 AM
windsurfer

Default barber clinic

Wesmar sounds good to me, the later friday night the better. I will have a 6 hour drive from Chicago that Friday afternoon.

Old 09-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Club Member

I think Felipe is arranging the details with Barber. The CODFC hanger should have plenty of room for a group of people. Not sure if audio/visual will be needed but lights should be provided by Mother Nature thru the fabric. The planes can be moved out and picnic tables arranged inside. There is some electric available with extension cords.
I will be available after the sessions to tow if the weather permits. Eric Proulx has offered the use of his house, which is about a 45 to 60 minute drive from WesMar, if the weather does not allow the use of the CODFC hanger. Depending on the size of the group, Wes may even allow the use of his hanger but room is tight there.

Felipe, any other details available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Ball View Post
Ok, that's one question answered. How about where, some kind of shelter that might have lights and protection from the elements and what is the time frame, when will it start so I can plan my 2 hr drive to get there. You know how it is, the inquiring minds thing

Old 09-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
Felipe

I got the same feelings too brother. I must of missed something here though, is this clinic next weekend? If so I may be able to do more than one day. I got to pay more attention. primavera

Old 09-04-2010, 03:34 PM
El Presidente

I was thinking it was this weekend too. Alas we were wrong. Next weekend. 10th 11th 12th.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:23 PM
Club Member

Default Clinic with Mike Barber

I just got off the phone with Mike. He is open to holding the clinic wherever is most convenient for the largest number of people. Wesmar seems most central. Is there anywhere Mike and I could stay? I am happy in a tent. Also, I'd be happy to help with towing in a trike. Finally, keep in mind the clinic would be held rain or shine. If we have access to a DVD player and a screen we can watch the "Big Blue Sky" movie one evening.

Let's try to nail this by tomorrow or Monday so he can make his travel plans.

Thanks guys!

Felipe