Go Back   OhioFlyers.org > General Discussion

Old 06-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Default Paragliding training in Central Ohio

Hi all

I apologize if this has been covered already. I searched for a variety of paragliding terms and didn't find any threads, so...

Can anyone recommend any paragliding instructors in the Central Ohio area (or Ohio in general)?

Also, I'd eventually like to be able to take family and friends on tandem flights. Is this a realistic goal for a casual glider pilot?

I stopped by WesMar on Sunday. There were some hang glider pilots there that looked like they were having a lot of fun! I'm still leaning toward paragliding because it seems like paragliders are a lot easier to transport (on foot, via commercial airplane, etc), but I might convinced to try hang gliding instead if someone has a good argument!

Old 06-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Club Member
Adam, there are(or were) a couple of PPG instructors in Ohio. If they are still operating, they should be available by search on the internet. As for tandem flying of hang gliders... There are ratings required to safely and legally do that. The USHPA spells out what is needed to get you there.
Unfortunatly, there are few if any PG instructors in Ohio. John Alden, who you met Sunday, is an excellent hang gliding instructor here in Ohio. He should be able to give you training and information for H.G.
Frank Murphy