OhioFlyers.org

Go Back   OhioFlyers.org > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2017, 03:36 PM
Club Member

Default Amazon Smile Contributions to USHPA and Potentially OF

Greetings!

Sorry we weren't able to get down there for the meeting, our schedule got hectic last minute. Thanks to Adam, I was able to remotely join.

For anyone that is not aware of Amazon Smile, it is a program where organizations can receive contributions. The following link further explains.

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/chpf/abou..._ge_ul_lm_raas

Currently, USHPA is one of the organizations set up to receive funds. I would like to urge members that shop on Amazon to consider whether or not they would like to donate to USHPA (or any of a wide variety of choices)

We may even want to consider seeing if OF is eligible to receive contributions. I am not well versed in the specifics. This idea does raise the concern of detracting from current cash flow to an organization we all want to see thrive though, and we may very well be better off with other fundraising activities if needed, compared with what might amount to a relatively small amount trickling in.

Hope everyone has an amazing day!

Jim

Old 02-26-2017, 01:35 PM
Club Member

Jim,
Thanks for your participation in the meeting AND your creative suggestions. I believe these are the essence of what makes a club great! You bring up a valid point of cutting into USHPA. I like your suggestion of "other fund raising activities". Andrea Lee (my wife and our Treasurer-elect) brought up an interesting point about club "Public Relations". Actually, she asked me who was in charge of club PR and promotions, and I had no answer for her. She is a smart cookie. I am excited to see what happens in the coming months years!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to savant For This Useful Post: