OhioFlyers.org

Go Back   OhioFlyers.org > Plans to Fly

Old 04-07-2017, 07:56 PM
Instructor/Tandems

Default WesMar 4/8/17

Towing Saturday with light SW winds. Post if you plan to fly

Old 04-08-2017, 08:22 AM
Club Member

Would luv to fly and or do site maintenance this weekend, but have numerous personal issues to deal with. Many thanx to those that work and best of luck to those that fly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dencor For This Useful Post:

Old 04-10-2017, 12:27 AM
Club Member

Flying and working happened this weekend!!!

Saturday - Gus (Augusto Espsi-something) did the flying from Wesmar... on a VERY CHALLENGING, high-pressure day, he flew his high-performance Zeno paraglider to Circleville and almost back to Wesmar, along with Mike Northwing who set a personal best flying close to an hour. I managed to climb out but chose to stick around Wesmar.. (didn't want to hurt Gus' feelings before he leaves for New Zealand). (SIDE NOTE: Gus, you have two months to up the Ohio PG XC record before you leave. You'd better set that bar damn high, because I'm gunning for it.. )

Sunday - Larry Ball committed yet another day to the laborious task of brush cutting at Richmond Dale. He arrived early and stayed late (as usual). I slept in and joined in the "fun" mid morning. Fortunately, I was saved by a few guest pilots from Indiana who stopped by to check out the site. Alejandro, a very experienced, PG comp. pilot from Venezuela, Alan Abair, a PG pilot and very experienced tow tech, and Andy, a PG pilot from Indiana paid us a visit. I put in a couple hours on the trimmer. Larry did most of the work and we put quite a dent in the ever-growing brush at the site.

The very cross, South wind lured me into the air by cycling straight in, (SW) due to thermal activity. Naturally, a pair of Bald Eagles, and a few buzzards danced aloft effortlessly. The ten minutes I spent "soaring" the South spine reminded me that some creatures were meant to be in the air, unfortunately, today, I was NOT. So, I pushed out and landed.

In the end, it was a beautiful weekend spent productively with great friends. I can only hope for more of the same!! Thanks to all who made it happen, John A., Gus E., Mike N., Larry B., Alejandro A., Alan A., Andy, and Marcus L.