OhioFlyers.org

Go Back   OhioFlyers.org > Plans to Fly

Old 09-02-2016, 09:26 PM
Club Member

Default Membership & Site Clearance Update

Membership and Site Clearance updates (for WesMar/35 and Edgewater) have been posted. Login and go here for access to the postings.

Last edited by miketest; 09-02-2016 at 09:29 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to miketest For This Useful Post:

Old 09-05-2016, 08:23 PM
Club Member

I truly wish I could have been among y'all flying this Labor Day Weekend! Congrats to those that got some air! But.... (Here comes "debbie downer" material)

Look, I want to see as many as possible enjoying the thrill that is hang gliding/paragliding. Truly unmatched. Period. Geez, is there anything better! Golf? Pleeez. (Only those that haven't flown will respond negatively!). But several that flew at WesMar this past weekend should not have been permitted to. ...And yes, I'm gonna name names:
  • Rob, Ron, Sri... Your dues are paid (...and the OF thanks you!). But we're missing your annual application and waiver. We need these! A technicality perhaps, but the lack of these forms is the reason you are - and have been for the last several postings - yellow-coded in the "Sites Clearance wesmar and 35" posts.
  • According to USHPA records, Dennis doesn't have the required certs to fly any site where a min H rating requirement exists. This is the reason Dennis has been red-coded in the weekly postings.
  • And Kipp... he isn't a paid member of the OF (...sorry dude!)
Site managers (...yeah, we don't have any): There is a reason I post weekly membership and site clearance status updates.

Folks.... The point ISNT to stop those that want to fly! The point is to ensure all those that do are full card-carrying members with all the requisite paperwork completed.

Last edited by miketest; 09-05-2016 at 09:46 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miketest For This Useful Post:

Old 09-06-2016, 05:56 AM
Club Member

Send a message via Skype™ to sdelivera
Hey just for the record I did not fly this weekend. However point well taken and fully agree. This is non optional. I'm committed to getting it done before I fly next.

Old 09-07-2016, 06:15 PM
Club Member

Mike,

Just a note to say that I've submitted the outstanding paperwork.

First time I've done this online and it was super simple. My apologies for procrastinating.

Sri

Old 09-08-2016, 10:27 AM
Club Member

My rating paperwork is in progress as we speak, I just couldn't stay away from cloudbase long enough to get it done!

Old 09-10-2016, 08:03 PM
Club Member

Gents:
I haven't seen your paperwork yet*, but on behalf of the OF, I thank you.

I truly hate to be the paperwork wonk, pissing on the cornflakes of those that have not complied with our self-imposed administrivia. But there is a reason for the administrivia... If there weren't, we wouldn't do this to everyone!

M

*Incidentally, how did you forward the paperwork to me?... snail mail? If you emailed it, I haven't seen anything yet.

Old 09-10-2016, 09:44 PM
Club Member

Mike,
The instructions on the same page which had the forms included an ohioflyers email address. Need me to resend to another address?

Old 09-11-2016, 05:01 PM
Club Member

This is the posted address: "ohioflyers@roadrunner.com." Note that its not the usual "...@ohioflyers.org"

That said, I have changed the email-to address to this: "membership@ohioflyers.org"

Currently, either address will work.

Last edited by miketest; 09-13-2016 at 08:32 PM.

Old 09-15-2016, 07:26 AM
Club Member

Okay, root cause identified - PEBKAC

I sent it to both addresses you mentioned.

Old 10-09-2016, 06:46 AM
Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketest View Post
I truly wish I could have been among y'all flying this Labor Day Weekend! Congrats to those that got some air! But.... (Here comes "debbie downer" material)

Look, I want to see as many as possible enjoying the thrill that is hang gliding/paragliding. Truly unmatched. Period. Geez, is there anything better! Golf? Pleeez. (Only those that haven't flown will respond negatively!). But several that flew at WesMar this past weekend should not have been permitted to. ...And yes, I'm gonna name names:
  • Rob, Ron, Sri... Your dues are paid (...and the OF thanks you!). But we're missing your annual application and waiver. We need these! A technicality perhaps, but the lack of these forms is the reason you are - and have been for the last several postings - yellow-coded in the "Sites Clearance wesmar and 35" posts.
  • According to USHPA records, Dennis doesn't have the required certs to fly any site where a min H rating requirement exists. This is the reason Dennis has been red-coded in the weekly postings.
  • And Kipp... he isn't a paid member of the OF (...sorry dude!)
Site managers (...yeah, we don't have any): There is a reason I post weekly membership and site clearance status updates.

Folks.... The point ISNT to stop those that want to fly! The point is to ensure all those that do are full card-carrying members with all the requisite paperwork completed.
I just received my new rating paperwork from USHPA. What's the best way to get it to you to verify?