OhioFlyers.org

Go Back   OhioFlyers.org > Club News

View Poll Results: Which would work for you for our annual meet?
Feb 4th 3 30.00%
Feb 25th 9 90.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Club Member

Default Tables for meeting

I will unfortunately not be able to attend the meeting tomorrow, need to head out of town later today. Sorry for the short notice.

I will leave my 2 folding tables on my backyard Deck, come get them if you need them. I don't need them right away so you can hold on to them or drop them at wesmar.

I'm not getting the trophy again this year so I'm not coming!

Hope to see all of you soon.

Hafe fun!

Eric P.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Club Member

Eric, sorry that you can not make the meeting and even sorrier that you did not obtain the XC trophy either. Truthfully, last year wasn't much of a soaring year in these parts and we can only hope for a better one this year. No need to leave the tables out, I have a few tables that I got from work.
Also a note about the meeting location, still at Bolton field but in the hanger to the east of the one we have used in the past. See everyone who is anyone at the meeting tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Proulx View Post
I will unfortunately not be able to attend the meeting tomorrow, need to head out of town later today. Sorry for the short notice.

I will leave my 2 folding tables on my backyard Deck, come get them if you need them. I don't need them right away so you can hold on to them or drop them at wesmar.

I'm not getting the trophy again this year so I'm not coming!

Hope to see all of you soon.

Hafe fun!

Eric P.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:53 PM
windsurfer

Frank,

Where is the hanger in relation to PJs in case I don't see where everyone is parking in the morning?

Regards,

Dan Johnson

Old 02-25-2012, 06:43 AM
Club Member

Dan, not sure if you will get this while on the road? The hanger is about 500 feet east of the hanger we used last year. Parking will be in the same area that we parked last year and Ken may allow us to drive through the gated fence to park closer to the hanger we will be using.

Old 02-26-2012, 08:16 PM
Club Member

Default After Thought

We had an enjoyable and productive meeting with a turnout from all over the state. The numbers were less than last year and last years numbers were less than that of the previous year? Hope that is not a sign of things to come.
Parachute repacking took place and many thanks to Craig and Tom for helping with that. We dined at JP's once again and began the meeting requirements around 14:00. Nothing much new to speak of but in a nutshell here is what took place:
-Dr. Thog gave the state of the Club synopsis and all is well. We are awaiting the verification of the USHPA site insurance renewal from The USHPA. The monies were submitted and the monies remaining within the Ohioflyers account are plentiful.
-The importance of remaining current with the membership dues in USHPA and Ohioflyers were again emphasized. It is the responsibility of each individual to maintain these requirements in order to comply with the USHPA site insurance and Charter Requirements.
-The officers of the Club will remain the same for the 2012 calendar year as they were in 2011.
-There were no significant issues discussed. We did discuss the clearing of the Richmond Dale site and contacting the Land Management Company of said site to discuss clearing of the trees below launch. We are hoping that a large turn out will assist in the clearing efforts this year.
-A portable shitter was awarded to the Club VP in an effort to maintain a harmonious coexistence with his better half on their endeavors to far away places with challenging facilities! The gift is much appreciated by the VP and The BH. Thanks to all for this thoughtful gift.
We wrapped up the day with a delightful and entertaining evening at the Shadowbox, once again provided by the very talented members of the Shadowbox and arranged by Club Member and Guitarist Extraordinaire Mr Matt Hahn. Many thanks once again to all at Shadowbox and Matt for the wonderful, very inexpensive and very enjoyable evening at The Shadowbox.

Last edited by fdmurphy44; 03-01-2012 at 03:25 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fdmurphy44 For This Useful Post:

Old 02-27-2012, 12:24 PM
Club Secretary/Treasurer

Attached is the treasurer's report for 2011. It and the meeting minutes are also posted in the Member's Only section of this site.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Ohio Flyers Treasurer Report 2011.pdf (52.1 KB, 0 views)