OhioFlyers.org

Go Back   OhioFlyers.org > Club News

Old 04-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Club Member

Default Far View...may be permanent!

This month's mag. has an eye opening article from our own Mr. Ken Swarm. The light has finally been lit exposing the reasons why the Northern Contingent may have been a little slow to pay club dues.(I have heard rumblings) Evidence now shows they have been working and INVESTING in a project to extend and secure the Far View site for all to enjoy along with the aid of the "Foundation for Free Flight". This effort for all should have praise rather than any more of... short on dues talk, for our northern members who have done some pretty heaving lifting and spent some serious treasure to make Far View a permanent site here in Ohio for all forms of aviation.

I just wish they would have brought this to the rest of us so we ALL could have helped more as a club so it may have happened sooner or at the very least shown our northern buds how much we care for them and their site. Other than carrying the "site insurance" that is. Maybe I missed the notice??? I know a few of us helped with the "Hanger Fund" but who knew of this effort for all? I'm sure we could have done so much more. WELL DONE!...and THANK YOU! for doing for all of us, you Pilots of the Far View Airstrip site and the great "Foundation for Free Flight"!!! I still vote to keep the insurance paid by the Ohio Flyers club for this site and the Madison, IN site if that happens someday. You'll never know just WHO or HOW MANY out there are working for us all, can you?

As always thank you for this time. primavera

Old 04-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Club Member - Tug Pilot

Sorry, but when they can't even bother to join the club that is paying their way I can't help but feel a little used...

Old 04-27-2010, 05:21 PM
Club Secretary/Treasurer

To check on the paid members list from 2009 and 2010, go to the OFHPA Members Only link on the left and click on the top thread. I keep an up to date list there.

Mark

Old 04-27-2010, 06:07 PM
Club Member

With all due respect Rick I think that you are painting with an awfully broad brush. I have payed attention to the dues being paid. I have been paying my dues at the beginning of the year and I know that there have been others from up north that have paid. Take a look at the list of paid members.

Larry

Old 04-27-2010, 06:21 PM
Club Member - Tug Pilot

Yeah, you're correct. that was probably too broad a brush. Sorry. But except for a few notable exceptions, one being yourself, it's hard sometimes to tell there *is* a northern contingent. We get very little participation from most the group up there to our meetings, fly ins, or even this website.

Old 04-27-2010, 06:31 PM
Club Member

I know in my case as many times as I have entertained coming to the meeting the thought of driving 4 hours discourages me. Now that I am retired I am hoping to get down to Wesmar more often.

Larry

Old 04-27-2010, 08:04 PM
Club Member

The annual dues aren't much. All participating Ohioflyers and any other non participating individuals who are committed to maintaining our sites and endeavors, should be inclined to pay the dues. No need to air this out here, those who are not current members know who they are and obviously have their reasons. If there are issues, they should be brought to the attention of any or all of the club officers to be resolved.
It would be good to see all of the members and non members but I understand the travel issues. Flying and supporting the continued existence of our sport are what it's all about. That's what we should focus on.

Hope to see as many Ohioflyers this year as possible. Get Off In Lift!

Old 04-28-2010, 08:34 AM
Club Member

DAADBURN! All I wanted to do was give these boys a pat on the back. Times are tough. "BUT!" I understand I have been away for a while.

Never mind.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:40 AM
Club Member - Tug Pilot

And I'm going back to quietly lurking in the corner...

Old 04-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Administrator

I didn't get the mag yet, but I can't wait to read all about it. And to fly there one of these days...