OhioFlyers.org

Go Back   OhioFlyers.org > Club News

Old 06-09-2010, 09:41 PM
David Graney

Default XC Pin

How about some pilots wings with a circle in the middle and an XC in the center?

Old 06-10-2010, 10:54 AM
B Deter

Not sure what cost you are targeting for the shirts but vistaprint.com may be an option. I don't think they have a minimum quantity. Once the design is done and loaded I think you pay for the shirt only. The design application has a one time cost as I recall.

Old 06-11-2010, 04:21 AM
El Presidente

A lot of those places use a digital inkjet printer to print directly on the shirt. The colors are almost always subdued and lack any POP to make the shirts stand out. Some don't handle the wash well, but others do. I've shied away from them after seeing the cost and the end product. Just not worth it in my opinion.

Tom
You da man!

Old 06-12-2010, 05:26 PM
Club Member

Tom
You da man![/quote]

This is missed place comment for sure. I'm just a common mechanic with exotic tools at best.

The real "Da Man or Da Woman" will be the one who comes up with the DESIGN that makes all club members happy! Maybe a Key fob or something similar to hang off something may have more appeal than a pin but I don't have an opinion which display option is chosen. I am glad to see the interest in this type of award though.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:27 PM

Ive been thinking about this for a while now and still...

Rookie XC
Man morphing into a bird.

Really can't think of a better image to convey the message.

Tom, can you take your original design and squish it down it pin size.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Club Member

Thanks for the input Steve. Where-as that design has been replayed over and over in Logo form since the "bird Man" was retired, and here in my non-politically correct environment it is the majority that will rule....SOOooo what say all?

I had an idea to have a diapered baby bird man flying out of a cracking up egg but what's the difference? What we need is something everyone can relate to that has or may have an interest in this type of an award. I would think that even the non-flying members watching/lurkin on this site would be willing to give up some thought to making this happen. But what do I know. Design has never been one of my strong suits. Just fixin/completeing them.(you think it I'll 3-D it, noise) Steve my man, ever since your training days and watching you trying to land on my truck I have enjoyed your being in my everyday. Thanks again. Anyone else?

Old 06-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Administrator

I like the idea of of the diapered baby bird man flying out of a cracking up egg. Very much!!!

Any sculptors out there? :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeeba View Post
Thanks for the input Steve. Where-as that design has been replayed over and over in Logo form since the "bird Man" was retired, and here in my non-politically correct environment it is the majority that will rule....SOOooo what say all?

I had an idea to have a diapered baby bird man flying out of a cracking up egg but what's the difference? What we need is something everyone can relate to that has or may have an interest in this type of an award. I would think that even the non-flying members watching/lurkin on this site would be willing to give up some thought to making this happen. But what do I know. Design has never been one of my strong suits. Just fixin/completeing them.(you think it I'll 3-D it, noise) Steve my man, ever since your training days and watching you trying to land on my truck I have enjoyed your being in my everyday. Thanks again. Anyone else?

Old 06-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Club Member

So Michal, a baby bird being thrown out of the nest and bouncing off the deck as a Peregrine Falcon snatches it up is unacceptable? I'm just asking.

Old 06-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeeba View Post
So Michal, a baby bird being thrown out of the nest and bouncing off the deck as a Peregrine Falcon snatches it up is unacceptable? I'm just asking.
If you can fit it on an end of a pin I'm in :-)

Old 06-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Club Secretary/Treasurer

Here's what an east coast club is doing for XC awards:

"The VHGA has one of the longest continuously run XC contest. It covers any flight beginning in New England.

We have three classes...0-25....26-50 and open class. Once you make a 25 mile flight you have to go up to the next class and after 50 miles you are in open.

We give out a wood plaque shaped like a HGer to the top three places and on the back is the top three pilots with their mileage.

If you fly from Mt Ascutney VT and land at the beach in NH you are awarded the red jacket (an LL Bean lined jacket embroidered with name and flight details) minimum distance to achieve 91 miles.

If you set the New England record you get a green jacket."